I’m very excited to announce my partnership with the lovely (and super stylish!) gals at Rockabye Mommy! I will be contributing to their blog once a week, sharing maternity fashion trends, tips and tricks.
Are you an expecting mommy-to-be? Contact me today for special maternity styling packages!
Ms. Carey Mulligan (now Mrs. Marcus Mumford) first caught Hollywood’s attention when she starred in the Oscar nominated film, An Education. Ever since then, she has become quite the fashion darling along with other young starlets like Emma Stone, Emma Watson and Keira Knightley. Her signature pixie cut and classic style choices have made her one of fashion’s top “It” Girls.
This year she stars opposite Leo Dicaprio in one of the biggest blockbusters of the year. Carrey portrays F. Scott Fitzgerald’s iconic 1920′s flapper, Daisy, in Baz Luhrmann’s adaption of The Great Gatsby. Mulligan looks every bit of the MidCentury diva in costumes designed by Prada and crafted headbands by Tiffany’s. Not a bad gig, huh?
Carey looks chic on and off the screen in streamline dresses and minimal accessories, which suits her small frame. I love this grape-colored dress she wore to a premiere last year, because it’s sexy without being over the top. And can we talk about those heels? Devine.
Shop the Look:
Just in case you’ve been a bit busy lately, here’s a friendly reminder that Mother’s Day is this coming Sunday. Whether you’re a mum yourself, or happen to know a few, it’s time to kick up your stilettos and celebrate the beautiful women around you in style! Though you may be temped to go out and buy flowers and a gift card (which never hurt anyone, really), may I suggest a more personal alternative this year?
Here is a list of my top 7 most stylish Mother’s Day gift ideas:
1. A chic iPhone case is the perfect gift for the tech-savvy mommy. This one from Kate Spade is super cheeky and cute!
2. Floral handbags are a huge trend this spring and last a lot longer than a dozen roses. Look for a shape that will tickle any mom’s fancy, like this one from Rebecca Minkoff.
3. A beautifully smelling candle may be just the thing to brighten up your mom’s day. This one from Diptyque is my favorites because it fills the whole room with an aromatic, yet subtle scent.
4. A statement necklace is a great gift for the fashion forward mother. I love this one from Aqua because it’s the perfect shade of mint for spring.
5. ME by Lanvin is a deliciously addicting scent for season. Your mom may not wear a couture dress everyday, but at least she can smell like she is!
6. Patterned pillows provide an instant facelift to any room. Give your Decor Diva mom what she really wants with these pillows from Classic Concepts.
7. Mom always said that she loves Kate Spade jewelery, so why not give her this custom bangle? You’ll find the words, “Mom always said . . .” printed on the outside with matching idioms on the outside.
Be sure to remember that every woman deserves the gift of style, so a Sophie Mae Style Gift Card may be just the thing! Click here to purchase.
When I get the opportunity to do editorial styling for a magazine, I’m like a kid in a candy store. Having creative freedom to create images with super talented photographers, hair and makeup artists, and of course amazing clothes is what makes my job so much fun!
This month, I had the pleasure to style and write for LOCALE magazine’s Locale Looks feature. LOCALE is a super hip publication that showcases the best hotels, restaurants, businesses, and boutiques from Orange County to San Diego. Their most recent issue, GO!, was focused on what to do in OC this summer. My piece in particular was about what to wear when checking into a hotel for your summer vacation.
Take a peek at the spread and let me know what you think! You can also read the full article and view the online magazine, here.
Fashion Styling: Sophie Mae
Photography: Dhrumil Desai
Hair and Makeup: Elisa K. Wilson (lisak_)
Publication: LOCALE Magazine
Ok, ok. So I have an obsession with J.Crew. Is it unhealthy? Maybe. Is is warranted? Absolutely. I mean, what can I say? Creative Director Jenna Lyons gets it right every time. Season after season she gives us a new reason to fall in love with the classic designs that made J.Crew a household name. She does this by always putting her unique spin on each new collection, making it fresh and current for the everyday fashion plate.
J.Crew may be known for their chambray shirts and crew-neck sweaters, but did you also know that they have a stunning jewelry collection? One look at Crew’s April Style Guide and you’ll want to pile on the sparkle. In the guide, Model Mona Johannesson sports crisp white looks to show off the sherbet colored bling-bling.
I can’t think of a better way to dress up spring’s minimalistic designs than with over-sized jewels. Whether you’re meeting the girls for brunch or heading into a board meeting, bold accessories can spice up your look with little to no effort. You’ll look chic, polished and oh, so luxe!
Get the Look: