Nothing says summer quite like a beautifully blushed cheek. And since summer officially begins tomorrow, I thought it was only appropriate to share my top five favorite blushes of the season. The list includes both high-end and drugstore finds that suite all different skin tones. They also come in a variety of formulas like tints and gels, which are great for lasting coverage.
Blush looks best when applied to the apples of the cheeks right after applying highlighter to the cheekbones and bronzer to the jawline. If you’re unsure where the apples of your cheeks are, simply smile in the mirror and use a fluffy round makeup brush to apply color to the round area of your cheeks.
If you’re like most of my clients, you have a whole list of items that you think look great on other people, but are somehow are off-limits to you. For instance, you mother may have told you that red is not your color or to never (under any circumstances) wear the horizontal stripes. I say that’s just plain silly. You never know if something is going to look great on you until you try!
Printed pants are a huge trend for summer 2013. You may have spotted celebrities and models like Miranda Kerr rocking the look, but don’t think you could ever pull them off yourself. The truth is, printed pants can actually be very flattering if worn and styled correctly. That’s why I’ve put together three different outfits featuring summer’s pattern pants. Wear them on date, to brunch or even to the office. I promise you’ll look chic, not silly.
I’m very excited to announce my partnership with the lovely (and super stylish!) gals at Rockabye Mommy! I will be contributing to their blog once a week, sharing maternity fashion trends, tips and tricks.
Are you an expecting mommy-to-be? Contact me today for special maternity styling packages!
Ms. Carey Mulligan (now Mrs. Marcus Mumford) first caught Hollywood’s attention when she starred in the Oscar nominated film, An Education. Ever since then, she has become quite the fashion darling along with other young starlets like Emma Stone, Emma Watson and Keira Knightley. Her signature pixie cut and classic style choices have made her one of fashion’s top “It” Girls.
This year she stars opposite Leo Dicaprio in one of the biggest blockbusters of the year. Carrey portrays F. Scott Fitzgerald’s iconic 1920′s flapper, Daisy, in Baz Luhrmann’s adaption of The Great Gatsby. Mulligan looks every bit of the MidCentury diva in costumes designed by Prada and crafted headbands by Tiffany’s. Not a bad gig, huh?
Carey looks chic on and off the screen in streamline dresses and minimal accessories, which suits her small frame. I love this grape-colored dress she wore to a premiere last year, because it’s sexy without being over the top. And can we talk about those heels? Devine.
Just in case you’ve been a bit busy lately, here’s a friendly reminder that Mother’s Day is this coming Sunday. Whether you’re a mum yourself, or happen to know a few, it’s time to kick up your stilettos and celebrate the beautiful women around you in style! Though you may be temped to go out and buy flowers and a gift card (which never hurt anyone, really), may I suggest a more personal alternative this year?
Here is a list of my top 7 most stylish Mother’s Day gift ideas:
1. A chic iPhone case is the perfect gift for the tech-savvy mommy. This one from Kate Spade is super cheeky and cute!
2. Floral handbags are a huge trend this spring and last a lot longer than a dozen roses. Look for a shape that will tickle any mom’s fancy, like this one from Rebecca Minkoff.
3. A beautifully smelling candle may be just the thing to brighten up your mom’s day. This one from Diptyque is my favorites because it fills the whole room with an aromatic, yet subtle scent.
4. A statement necklace is a great gift for the fashion forward mother. I love this one from Aqua because it’s the perfect shade of mint for spring.
5. ME by Lanvin is a deliciously addicting scent for season. Your mom may not wear a couture dress everyday, but at least she can smell like she is!
6. Patterned pillows provide an instant facelift to any room. Give your Decor Diva mom what she really wants with these pillows from Classic Concepts.
7. Mom always said that she loves Kate Spade jewelery, so why not give her this custom bangle? You’ll find the words, “Mom always said . . .” printed on the outside with matching idioms on the outside.