The first day of summer is June 20th, is your wardrobe ready for the season’s change? Whether or not you live in sunny California (where it’s always warm) or somewhere like Chicago (where you KNOW when it’s summer), I’ve taken the guessing work out of what to add to your closet this season.
1. A Striped Tank: This is an easy item that will always be a classic! Look for different styles at the Gap or Target.
2. Lace Shorts: Love these for summer nights when you want something more dressy than denim. Free People has a variety of adorable styles!
3. Nude Sandals: Nude or earth tone sandals not only go with everything, they are also super comfy! Steve Madden has several different options.
4. Round Frame Sunnies: Round frames are making a huge come-back and can be found at both budget or high-end stores. Try Forever21 or Barney’s for a pair that’s just right for you!
5. The High/Low Dress: An uneven hem creates interest in both dresses and skirts this season and is a great option for summer weddings or first dates. Try Nordstrom for a different brands and colors.
6. Fringe Bags: A little fringe can get your look a very carefree feel that looks just right for the hotter months! Asos.com has some girly styles that I adore.
7. Mint Nails: The new mani/pedi is all about sherbet colors and mint is the new superstar. Both essie and OPI have some shades you with love wearing with your new sandals!
8. Stackable Rings: Whether you choose simple gold bands or embellished rings, it’s all about how to stack them. Make a statement by stacking different styles on both hands. Shopbop.com has a great selection to choose from.
9. The Chambray Shirt: There’s something about the perfect fitting chambray that looks so right for summer. Both Madewell and J.Crew have great chambray options at affordable prices.
10. Pastel Jeans: Colored denim just seems so right in the summer months with a classic white blouse or tank. J. Brand has the best fits and colors!